I realize that it's been over 2 months since I put anything up on my blog. I have been busy but not too terribly. The big news is that my cousin Beth and I have decided to rent a house in the big metropolis of Corunna, IN and we are in the process of moving. I guess another piece of big news is that I was promoted at work and am now the Team Leader (aka supervisor) at the Promise House which is a crisis stabilization home for the mentally ill. I love my new job and my staff. It's been challenging transferring from one position to the other but overall it's been a pretty smooth transition.
I promise I'll get some pics up here of the new house when I remember to take some. We haven't actually moved in yet but will in less than 2 weeks! It's out in the country and it's the first time that I've actually ever lived in a house other than my parents.
I've been contemplating alot about my life in the past couple of weeks and wondering where God is leading me and who He is bringing into my life. I've become very attached to the people at my church and often find myself feeling hurt when I'm not invited to even the simplest of things. I've been noticing I'm wanting to be around people all the time right now and I think it's because I'm afraid to be alone! I'm at a stage in life where I desparetly want a family but am getting the impression from God that it might not be in His plans for me and now I need to figure out how to change those "life plans" that we all create for ourselves as teenagers and see how I can adapt to my life the way it is. I think I've spent alot of my life living and waiting for what I've dreamed of to come true and too often I've missed parts of my life that I won't get back. I'm trying to live more for today and let tomorrow be tomorrow but that's not always easy to do.
Update on my mom! She has been doing chemo again for 2 months but last Friday at her appointment she found out that the cancer is growing and growing kinda quickly. We don't know where it's growing at yet but only that it's increasing even though she's getting chemo every 2 weeks. She was kinda bummed Friday night but seemed to be having a better day yesterday when she helped me and Dad move some things into the new house. She's been fighting for a while now and I think it's very frustrating for her to not get much good news. She's fighting but the stupid cancer is fighting to win as well. Keep her and my Dad in your prayers as we find out what lays ahead for us on this road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow Rachel that's a nice long post!! :) I'm so excited for you about your new promotion and the new rental house. I hope your Mom is hanging in there and gets some better news soon! We're thinking of and praying for her. Love ya cousin! :)
Post a Comment